Your listings may be suspended if you fail to meet the basic requirements overall rating, response rate, accepted reservations, or cancellations. If your listing is suspended, it won’t show up in search results and you won’t receive any new bookings.
You’ll have the opportunity to reactivate your listing once the suspension period is over, subject to a review by Star Macs. Serious infractions could lead to permanent removal from Star Macs.
In this article
- Existing reservations
- Previous guest feedback
- After the suspension period
- Appeal process
Your upcoming reservations will not be impacted by your listing being suspended, but may be canceled if you fail to provide high-quality customer experiences or otherwise violate our Terms of Service.
Previous customer feedback
While your listing is suspended, consider taking some time to make changes to your services and listing based on the feedback you got from previous customers. You should also familiarize yourself with our basic service requirements.
After the suspension period
You may be eligible to reactivate your listing to get new bookings. You can reactivate by contact us, we will guide you how to do on that.
After reactivating, your listings could be suspended again if you continue to perform below the basic requirements.
If your listing is not eligible for reactivation, it will be removed from Star Macs and no longer accessible.
Listing suspension and removal appeals may be granted under limited circumstances. Extenuating circumstances may be a reason to appeal, but the majority of appeals will be considered based on guest review policy violations.
If it can be proven that a poor customer review on a listing violates Star Macs’ review policies, that review may be thrown out. If the removal of any inappropriate reviews leads to a substantial increase in a listing’s overall rating average, that listing could potentially be reinstated.
Violations of the review policy include:
- Violations of our Content Policy
- Irrelevant content per our Review Relevancy Policy
- Biased or fraudulent content (as the result of extortion or competitor reviews) per our Review Manipulation Policy
If you want to proceed with an appeal, you’re required to provide:
- The names of the listings you’re appealing for
- The reservation codes related to the reviews you’re contesting
- Which of the above review policy violations apply and why
You can appeal by contact us. If you are under a suspension that is less than 30 days, you won’t be able to access this.
Circumstances that won’t be accepted upon appeal include:
- “The customer review was unfair.” The appeal process isn’t meant to appeal unfair ratings. Consider updating your listing description and photos to help set customer expectations following the suspension.
- “This was a one-time issue.” Suspensions are typically based on multiple occurrences of a problem or issue. In other words, one customer review alone wouldn’t have resulted in a suspension against the basic requirements.
- “I fixed the problem.” Making changes to your listing and service is the best way to improve during and after the suspension. But failing to meet the minimum servicing standards for your previous customers is still grounds for suspension.