Reviews are critical to help build trust on Star Macs—they’re an important way for Suppliers and customers to give each other feedback, and help our ecosystem make informed decisions and understand what to expect when making plans. We believe that a fair review system is one that respects and protects our ecosystem’s genuine feedback, and we have a number of safeguards in place to help build trust in our reviews system.
Who can leave a review on Star Macs
Suppliers and customers can only submit reviews for services that have been booked and paid for on Star Macs.
Are reviews moderated?
Star Macs doesn’t moderate reviews before they’re published, and reviews are encouraged to be transparent.
However, reviews do need to be honest and relate to a genuine reservation, and may be removed if they violate our Reviews Policy. In short, this means that a review may be removed if:
- The review violates Star Macs’ Content Policy—for example, it includes private or confidential information, discriminatory, violent or threatening content
- The review is biased—for example, because the customer has been incentivised to leave a positive review in return for a free or discounted stay, or where there are signals that the reservation was made for the sole purpose of inflating a person’s overall rating
- The review is irrelevant to the author’s experience on Star Macs—for example, because it doesn’t contain firsthand information about the Supplier, customer, that would help other community members make informed booking or servicing decisions
We also have a detection system that proactively looks for signs that a review may not relate to a genuine stay. If our system detects that a review is likely to be fake—for example, because it doesn’t relate to a genuine stay on Star Macs or because it relates to a stay that was solely made to inflate a person’s ratings—it’ll be removed.
Editing a review
To encourage honest and impartial reviews, we limit the ability of Suppliers and customers to edit a review after they’ve written it.
- If you submit your review first, you may edit it anytime within the 14-day review period, up until the other party submits their review
- Once both reviews are submitted or the 14-day review period has ended—whichever comes first—both reviews are automatically published and no more changes can be made
- Both customer and Supplier reviews are posted at the same time and can’t be edited after they’re posted,(the other person can’t read your review and change their own as a result)
- You can’t request edits to a review written about you, except you may contact us to request a change
Removing a review
You can’t remove a review written about you if you disagree with it, but you can report it to us if you think it violates our Reviews Policy. These reviews will be removed if they violate our Reviews Policy, and both customer and Suppler will be informed of this decision upon removal.