The following information is provided for law enforcement entities that seek information about users of the Star Macs platform (i.e., would like to submit a “Law Enforcement Request”). All other requests for information regarding the Star Macs platform, including user questions regarding reservations and user information, should be directed to our Customer Support team. We reserve the right to make changes to the information on this page at any time without notice. You should check this page each time you’re making a Law Enforcement Request.
For the purposes of this policy, “Star Macs” refers to the Star Macs platform (Star Macs Sdn Bhd) is individual entities.
- Form of requests
- Procedures for law enforcement requests
- Emergency Requests
Form of requests
Star Macs is unable to process overly broad or vague Law Enforcement Requests, or Law Enforcement Requests that do not comply with applicable laws. We will only consider Law Enforcement Requests that are:
- Typed and in PDF file format
- On law enforcement entity letterhead and duly signed and stamped by the appropriate law enforcement officer who is empowered by local law to represent the law enforcement entity that is making the request
- Compliant with all applicable laws. If you are unclear about the legal requirements related to your request, you should seek appropriate legal advice.
- Addressed to Star Macs Sdn Bhd and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about which entity you should address your request, please see the sections below, titled “Procedures for Law Enforcement Requests”. Please additionally note that, Star Macs will typically only respond to emails that are from official law enforcement email domains.
- Drafted in English or translated to English.
In order for Star Macs to process your Law Enforcement Request, it should include the following elements:
- All known email addresses, company names, names, and aliases of the data subject about whom you seek information, and/or all known physical addresses and telephone numbers of the data subject. This helps Star Macs identify the data subject
- Your name, title, and department; the law enforcement entity or agency you represent; and the law enforcement entity or agency’s street address, telephone number, fax number, and email address
- The specific information about the data subject that you request; why you request this information; the alleged crime you are investigating; and how the information you request pertains to the alleged crime you are investigating
- The applicable act or law under which you have the legal authority to seek the specific information you request
- The applicable act or law under which you request that notification to the data subject be withheld, if applicable
Procedures for law enforcement requests
The following guidelines apply to Law Enforcement Requests for user information from law enforcement entities located in Malaysia (“Law Enforcement Requests”).
The following materials are required for all non-emergency Law Enforcement Requests,
- For disclosure of basic subscriber records; transactional information pertaining to a user’s account; or basic payments-related data, a Law Enforcement entity must submit a valid request on the Law Enforcement agency’s letterhead
- For disclosure of the content of user communications, a Law Enforcement entity must submit a valid appropriate and binding court order (or equivalent local warrant procedure)
Please note that Star Macs has a policy of using reasonable efforts to notify affected users when they receive a valid Law Enforcement Request seeking user data. Star Macs will notify the relevant user(s) identified in the Law Enforcement Request, except where a court order expressly requires Star Macs, as relevant, to delay or withhold notification; where notification is otherwise prohibited by applicable law; or where Star Macs, in its sole discretion, believes that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, or would create a risk of injury or great bodily harm to Star Macs’ rights or property or to an individual or group of individuals, including minors.
In the event of an emergency involving an imminent risk of death or serious physical injury to any person, law enforcement may make an emergency disclosure request via email to us (email@example.com) with the subject: “Emergency Disclosure Request” or call us.
Requests for emergency disclosures should include the following elements:
- All known email addresses, company names, names, and aliases of the data subject about whom you seek information, and/or all known physical addresses and telephone numbers of the data subject. This information helps Star Macs identify the data subject.
- Your name, department, street address, telephone number, fax number, and email address
- The specific information about the data subject that you are requesting on an emergency basis; why you are requesting this information; and how this information pertains to your investigation
- The nature of the emergency; and why the information you are requesting is urgent.